MCCC stands for Master Controller Command Center, one of the more popular mods for The Sims 4 that allows detailed control over your game. MCCC is a script mod that enhances gameplay by offering access to functions such as autonomous actions, rates of aging and various settings to simulate story progression and add a bit of drama to your game (something that I often feel is lacking in Sims 4 vs Sims 3)! 💃
Since MCCC can provide such detailed customization to The Sims 4, its setting options and menus are bit on the complicated side. However, after doing a bit of research myself and making a few tweaks via trail-and-error, I found a set of go-to settings for MCCC that work well with my gameplay style. And to help others out there that took one look at the limitless amount of settings and said “na-ah”, I have provided a set of step-by-step directions to get you started. 😄
Never downloaded mods before? For a step-by-step walk-through on how to download script mods, such as MCCC, stop by How to Download Mods for The Sims 4 to get your game prepped for downloading mods.
itsmeTroi also has an amazing step-by-step video for installing MC Command Center 🎥
Now. Once everything is downloaded. Lets get started!
Instructions for Story Progression
First things first, download the MC Command Center mod on Deaderpool’s website. Then, follow the next steps by clicking on your Sim’s computer or laptop.
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Relationship Settings –> Friendship Decay Percentage/Romatic Decay Percentage
- Change this from 100 to 80 if you want easier friendship building. 💖
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Breakup Settings –> Couple Relationship Change Percent
- Change from 0 to 20 for some relationship drama in the town.
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Breakup Settings –> Spouse Relationship Change Percent
- Change from 0 to 20 for some marital drama.
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Breakup Settings –> Breakup Move-Out Sim
- Change to “Move-out Random Sim” (personal preference)
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Breakup Settings –> Move Children with Breakup
- Change from 0 to 50, just another way to create variety.
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Notification/Console/Menu Settings –> Notification Settings
- This section is very much up to your personal preference. I turn on “All” for Birth , Marriage, Moving, Death, Age-Up, and Relationship Changes cause I’m nosy 😋
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Gameplay Settings
- Enable “Put Away Books Fix” (This is the best thing E.V.E.R.)
MC Command Center –> MCCC Settings… –> Set Age Span Duration
- This one has a lot of settings that can be a bit confusing. Personally, I go to Reddit for this info. Follow this link here for the settings that work the best for me.
MC Command Center –> MC Career/MC Population/MC Pregnancy
- These settings are also covered by the same go-to Reddit posting here. These will give you the best settings to create simulated story progression.
MC Command Center –> MC Tuner –> Change Interaction Behavior
- Enable “Allow Multiple BFFs”. This is just more realistic to me 👭👬👫
MC Command Center –> MC Tuner –> Change Interaction Autonomy
- Enable “Autonomous Marriage” and “Autonomous Proposals”.
Ta-Da! All done. As you play, you will get a better feel for how much these settings affect your gameplay experience and how to personalize them to your own taste. If you should have different settings that work best for you, feel free to comment and share, and make sure to like and subscribe to get more handy tips and notifications on my latest posts!